POS systems, or Point of Sale systems, are becoming increasingly commonplace in today’s retail market. It’s easy to see why – not only do they provide a convenient, efficient way of processing payments and keeping track of sales, the retail POS systems that are available these days also come with a wide range of functions and apps that will make all the difference to your business’s daily operations.
Want to know more? If you’re still undecided about whether or not to take the plunge, these top 10 benefits that an effective POS system can bring to your business will convince you in no time.
- POS systems simplify the accounting process by storing all your sales information, figures and other financials electronically and generating reports on command.
- These days, POS systems come with an inventory management system for easy (even automated) stock management. You can set your POS system to alert you if your stock levels are low, and some POS systems will even automatically generate purchase orders for single or multiple items!
- POS systems provide faster service, from processing credit card transactions to printing customer receipts. Even better, you also have the option of processing payments from anywhere within your store – simply carry an iPad or iPhone with the POS system installed together with a credit card reader and you’re good to go. Don’t just wait for the customer to come to you, now you can go to the customer!
- POS systems reduce errors because they have easy to use interfaces and built-in checks to ensure information is being entered correctly.
- POS systems give you real-time snapshots of your business, from sales figures and inventory to staff schedules and business reports. No more stocktaking by hand!
- POS systems might require a bigger upfront cost, but their maintenance and repair costs are much lower, saving you time, money and energy in the long run!
- Today’s employees are often more comfortable with the digital interfaces that POS systems provide, which means better efficiency in your business.
- Speaking of employees, POS systems allow you to track employee activity with ease, whether it’s linking specific staff members to transactions or monitoring sales figures of individual staff members. Plus, your employees are less likely to engage in theft if they know their transactions are being tracked.
- POS systems allow you to seamlessly integrate your onsite business with your online store (if you have one).
- Last but not least, POS systems will keep your data secure with regular backups and protection from data breaches, device hacks, and credit card fraud.
If you need a POS system that effectively provides these benefits plus much more, find out more about what we at Abacus POS offer. With operations in Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Perth and Brisbane, one of our staff can discuss with you the value of our POS system specifically for your business.